You will find Alberta strawberry growers by clicking a region above. Each link
will provide an access to alphabetical listings of farms by town in each
Credit Card? Cash?
- North West Alberta includes the area North of Ponoka and West of the QE2 Highway (excluding the Peace Country) (780 area code).
- North East Alberta includes the area North of Ponoka and East of the QE2 Highway (780 area code).
- South West Alberta includes the area South of Ponoka and West of the QE2 Highway (403 area code).
- South East Alberta includes the area South of Ponoka and East of the QE2 Highway (403 area code).
Check method of payment with grower in advance, as not all farms accept
Each month brings the availability of a different fruit or vegetable. Remember,
it varies on location, varieties planted, and weather conditions, so always
call the farm before the earliest date below so you don't miss the season!
• Junebearing Strawberries - June, July
• Day Neutral Strawberries - August, September
Strawberry Nutrition Information:
If you didn't already love strawberries for their delicious taste, you would
start eating them for their nutrition and health benefits. Strawberries have
higher levels of vitamin c, fiber, folate and potassium than most other fruits
like bananas, apples and even oranges.
All nutrition information is based on 1 cup (8 to 10) fresh strawberries
Calories: ca. 50
Protein 1 g
Fat 0.6 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Sugar 7 g
Iron 0.6 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Calcium 22 mg
Phosphate 30 mg
Riboflavine 0.1 mg
Vitamin C 85 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Zinc 0.2 mg
Niacin 0.4 mg
Vitamin B6 92 mcg
Folate 34 mcg
Change your choice of fruit
to find growers near you!