Harvest Pork Medley|
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Pork leg, loin or shoulder, boneless
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground sage
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) beef stock
- 2 cups (500 mL) mashed potatoes
- Melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Parmesan cheese
Cut Pork into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add Pork and brown. Remove Pork from pan and place, along with sliced apples, in a deep 10 cup (2.5L) baking dish; sprinkle with sliced onions, celery, parsley, cinnamon. salt, pepper and sage.
Pour beef stock over top. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top; brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 3250F (1600C) for 55 minutes or until bubbling hot and potatoes are golden.
Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
Energy: 275 Cal / 1151 kJ;
Protein: 31g; Fat: 9.4g; Carbohydrate: 16g