You will find Alberta raspberry growers by clicking a region above. Each link
will provide an access to alphabetical listings of farms by town in each
Credit Card? Cash?
- North West Alberta includes the area North of Ponoka and West of the QE2 Highway (excluding the Peace Country) (780 area code).
- North East Alberta includes the area North of Ponoka and East of the QE2 Highway (780 area code).
- South West Alberta includes the area South of Ponoka and West of the QE2 Highway (403 area code).
- South East Alberta includes the area South of Ponoka and East of the QE2 Highway (403 area code).
Check method of payment with grower in advance, as not all farms accept
Each month brings the availability of a different fruit or vegetable. Remember,
it varies on location, varieties planted, and weather conditions, so always
call the farm before the earliest date below so you don't miss the season!
Mid to Late July through Fall
Red & Golden Raspberries...
• Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, folate,
iron, potassium, antioxidants and cancer-fighting ellagic acid. Ellagitannins,
a family of compounds almost exclusive to the raspberry, are reported to have
anti-cancer activity and contribute to the raspberry's antioxidant power. They
are also a great source of fiber, which can help maintain your family's healthy
• They are a source of soluble fibers and may lower high blood
cholesterol levels and slow release of carbohydrates into the blood stream of
• Half to one pound of raspberry fruit per day can provide
twenty to thirty grams of fiber which is adequate for an adult daily nutrition
Raspberry Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup, (250.0 g)
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 0.8g
Saturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrates 14.7g
Dietary Fiber 8.0g
Change your choice of fruit
to find growers near you!